Monday, September 24, 2007

Progress!

So this time, only two weeks since the last update -- consider your collective self lucky. Last time, I mentioned wanting to up my mileage and get back down to my running weight. The past week was a little light on mileage, since my sister was in town visiting and she wanted to go for some walks, but the week before that I did 36 miles, and this week I'm aiming for 40. I've also lost seven pounds since the beginning of September, which means I'm only 3-5 above where I'd like to be. Hooray!

Also, I bought new running shoes last week -- my fifth pair of the Mizuno Wave Elixir. Word on the street (track?) is that Mizuno is discontinuing the model, which makes me so very sad -- a lightweight stability shoe for the small-framed, mid-to-high mileage runner is hard to come by, and I've developed quite an attachment to the Elixir. Plus, it's the closest-to-non-ugly running shoe I've ever worn. Oh well, at least this means I'll probably be able to scoop up a few pairs on sale in a few months.

My efforts to find a suitable marathon keep being thwarted. I was initially looking at either Seattle or CIM, but that was when I was planning on being on the West Coast until New Year's. Now, it appears my move back East will happen in the next few weeks, so those two are out. Buying an entry into New York was another possibility, but the prices are outrageous, and I'd probably feel too guilty to use someone else's number. So, then I started looking towards the spring, and was am kicking around the idea of doing Hamburg in April, because one of my best friends is moving there for work, and it'd be a great chance to visit him. This, of course, is dependent on him being in Hamburg that particular week, and seven months out is probably a little early to ask him what his plans are.

No comments: